Fellow Traders, pay less tax this year. Invest in ELSS (tax saving mutual funds) with SAS Online best discount broker company and you can save upto Rs. 46,350 in income tax by investing upto 1.5 lakhs.
Equity Linked Saving Scheme (ELSS) are diversified, open-ended equity mutual funds that have a lock-in period of 3 years. Which means you cannot withdraw your investment before 3 years. Why would you want to lock-in your money? Because doing so provides tax benefit under Section 80C of the Indian Income Tax Act, 1961 upto 1.5 lakhs. Simply, if you invest upto 1.5 lakhs in these funds, that income is not taxable and is tax free for you as opposed to paying upto 46,350 as tax on that income.
Moreover, through ELSS funds, you can save tax and grow your wealth at the same time.
Here are some reasons why you should invest in ELSS :
- Low cost of entry : You can start investing with just Rs. 500.
- Tax Saving : You don’t need to pay any tax on the amount you invest in the funds.
- Capital Growth : You can get stellar returns (14-16%) and grow your wealth.
- Disciplined Investing : By doing a SIP, you can do regular recurring investments.
- Tax free returns : The returns/capital appreciation you get are completely tax free.
- Shortest lock-in period : ELSS funds have the shortest lock-in period as compared to any other tax saving instrument.
How do ELSS funds compare to other tax saving instruments? ELSS funds are the best tax saving instrument. Check below.
|Instrument||Lock-in Period||Pre-Tax Returns||Tax Applicable||Post-Tax Return|
|ELSS||3 years||14-16%||No tax||14-16%|
|PPF||15 years||8.70%||No tax||8.70%|
|5 year Bank FD||5 years||8.50%||Interest is taxable||5.95%*|
|NSC||5 or 10 years||8.50%||Interest is taxable||5.95%*|
|Life Insurance||5 years||0-6%||No tax||0-6%|
So invest in ELSS today and save tax.