The NSE and BSE introduced the pre – open session to reduce volatility and provide better price discovery in the markets.
The pre-open market session lasts for 15 minutes from 9 AM to 9:15 AM and is divided into three parts:
- First 8 minutes: In the first 8 minutes orders are placed. They can be canceled or modified during this time period also.
- Next 4 minutes: In the next 4 minutes price discovery will be done, and orders will be executed. Our suggestion is that go with best stock brokers.
- Next 3 minutes: The next 3 minutes are used to facilitate the transition from pre – open to regular session.
One can place orders only in cash segment. F&O segment is not available in pre-open session. Also exchange stipulates that only limit and market orders can be placed in this session . Stop Loss orders are not allowed.
- The orders that have not been traded are carried forwarded to the normal trading session.
1. Limit Orders that are not traded during Pre-Open Session will be moved to normal trading session at the same price.
2. Market Orders that are not traded during Pre-Open session will be moved to normal trading session @ Opening Price.